Sunday, July 26, 2009

Spudman



Spudman was this last weekend.  It is an olympic distance triathlon.  It is actually the first tri that I have done minus a reverse order sprint that I don't count.  I wasn't planning on doing it but was able to sneak my way into it last minute.  :)   My mom insisted that I do it since in a few months I am going to attempt to finish the Ironman Arizona.  

It was a lot of fun setting up in t1 and t2.. above is a pic of t1 the day before the race.  Anyway two of my little brothers, my dad and mom and I all raced.  I had a really good time.  The swim was probably the hardest for me, the bike was not bad, I did better on the second half and then I did good on the run and by good I mean no one passed me so I was content.  Overall I "placed" 7th in my division (2:14.4?) even though you won't find me in my division results hehe ooops 

My family all did awesome as well.  Kyle got 4th, Brad 12th and my mom and dad finished (my dad said his good byes before the race because he was super nervous about the swim) 
So it was an awesome fun day.  I wasn't really sore afterward which is nice because after my marathons I can never walk for like 3 days.  I have a feeling that Arizona will be a different story :) 

 Uncle Wayne and Craig came out to cheer us on, I saw some old friends and made some new ones!  I highly recommend triathlons.  They rock.

Hopefully I'll have some pictures coming.  They are currently on a camera in Idaho and Utah.

3 comments:

Bob said...

Congratulations. You are an ironman natural. Watch out Arizona.

Kevin said...

Ta ha thanks Bob. Now when I'm off the bike, into the run and hating life I can grumble under my breath "Ironman natural, yeah right this sucks!"

Lora Spencer said...

Insane man--good job!!