Saturday, August 22, 2009

I update my blog just about as good as Gargamel catches smurfs.

 
For those of you not fortunate enough to follow The Smurfs [One of the most awesome cartoons ever made] as a kid, this is Gargamel.  He hates Smurfs and has pretty much dedicated his existence to catching them.  And given my title you can probably deduce that he is not very good at it.  Poor guy.  Lately I've felt that way about a lot of things.  Meh, it happens :)

...

So my brother Brian got married a couple weeks ago.  I had class here in Redlands until about 8:45 pm on Thursday and I had to be at the Timpanogas temple by 10 am I think so I had the wonderful opportunity to drive through the night to make it to his wedding in time.  I did make it without accident or incident so that is fortunate.  Brian is probably still off in the clouds, I don't think I've ever seen him so happy.  The luncheon was good and the reception was nice, a little slow but what can you do.  Brent, Kyle, Brad and I made the best of it and actually had a pretty fun time out on some golf course.  Hmm it doesn't look like this computer has their pictures on it.  Shoot.  I'll have to get those later, which probably means I won't.  Just being honest :)  Oh wait, I think I just got some..alllllriiiight #;oP






Anyway the next day, too early for my liking after not sleeping fore sure, my dadand some of my brothers and I headed up Mt Timpanogus.  It was a pretty good trip.  Colder than I had expected and I did really bring anything to prepare for it either.  We actually ran most of the way back down, thanks to my dad.  He has more adventure in him than he lets out.  DO not be fooled.  He is as crazy as any of us in this family.  Kyle, Brad and I invented extreme trail running on the way down as well, which involved spinning off rocks, tree trunks, jumping gaps and who knows what else.  It made the way down very entertaining to say the least. :)










Anyway so the next week was pretty hectic with getting the house ready and everything else for the open house.  We had  a lot of people over starting Thursday.  I had to get out so I went to LindyGroove, a swing dance venue in Pasadena.  Here is an old picture of me dancing there that I found on the internet.  I am dancing with a girl named Kristi.  She is probably one of my most  favorite people to dance with, Period.  Oh yeah and somewhere in the mix of all this I attended a couple dances at Camp Hollywood. It was pretty fun too.  I met up with some good friends from Sactown and made a few more.  Oh yeah and on that note, one of the dances was  a masquerade ball where you had to wear a mask of some sort.  I didn't have a mask so I wore some glasses.. I thought it was cool, my friends made fun of me and were like, yeah we'll never know who you are with those on.. Well I just want you to know that the next dance I went to I was dancing with this girl [she was really good and from England] and quote "Hey, didn't we dance at CH" and I said yes, "Oh I didn't recognize you without the glasses."  SO there, they did work!


And then some pics of the open house:

Everybody ranted and raved over Kendall's fruit'kabobs.. Nice work Kendall.  




And then family pictures:




This week was a good week for me cycling.  I finished the Thursday night crit and the Saturday Raincross ride.  Both huge accomplishments for me as they are rather intense rides.  I even have a team Redlands Jersey now.  Here's a picture of me and Kyle after the 65 mile Raincross ride:




So yeah that's a quick update with a few things left out.  I finish my first class next week.  I have lots of papers and a presentation to prepare and some math tests that I have to study for again so that is what I will be doing next week along with the Bear Lake 1/2 Triathlon.  I'll be going up by myself so if anyone in Utah/Idaho want to come out and cheer me on, you are all more than welcome to! haha  :)

No comments: