Monday, June 22, 2009

The Perfect Birth Control


There are many many reasons why I have not ventured into parenthood but here above are two of those reasons.  Kyle and Kael.  They are my nephews and are visiting for the week while Kerri studies and takes her nursing boards.  I love them to death but they are tremendous.  I really don't know how Ker does it!
My day starts off like this, I had planned a ride to Oak Glen but instead stayed with the "k's" while big Kyle and Brad go on a ride.  Little Kyle gets up and is served eggs and bacon, then graciously throws his eggs on the floor and says he wants more.  Kael then gets up and refuses to eat and then cries for ice cream.  SO I give him ice cream.  Then he doesn't want it and decides to dump it all over himself instead.  While I am cleaning him up, Kyle decides to pull out all the droors, books on the bookshelf and destroys half the house.  
Kyle and Brad get back.  I go for a run.
I get back and start putting the house back together while Kyle is mad about his clothes not fitting and Kael has poopy underwear, joy!  We get the house put together only to find Kael dumping paint all over.  Where did he find paint?! Really?  
I promised that I would take them to the park and I was going to do tennis drills with Kyle and Brad.  I went to get the tennis balls and yeah the bucket of balls was filled with water.  Awesome! I find a few not wet balls and we are off to the park.  
I set up some things for big Kyle and Brad so they can play tennis while I take the k's over to the park.  Kyle doesn't want to go to the park so I take them to the ball wall.  Kael his playing on the wall while Kyle runs off throwing a fit.  I finally get them to the park.  
They play for a couple minutes and then Kyle runs back to the tennis courts and makes it so Kyle and Brad can't play.  SO nice.  
To make the long story short, we go get food, play in the park some more and then go to the library and then home.  I'm sure that this is an easy day for a parent but it is a simple reminder of why I am not.  Here are some more pictures from our outing.  














1 comment:

Craig said...

kev, thanks for helping with the boys- I know it is a LOT of work love you dad