Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Judas Iscariot




I could probably go more into detail but I just had a quick thought as I was reading Matthew.  In Matt 26:15 -16 it reads "And said unto them [chief priests], what will ye give me[Judas], and I will deliver him[Jesus] unto you?  And they covenanted with him for 30 pieces of silver. And from that time he sought opportunity to betray him."  

Knowing who Christ* is, I thought to myself how incredible it was that Judas betrayed him for a mere 30 pieces of silver, Judas himself being a disciple of Christ.  It was so little and he lost so much! 
For Judas it was silver, but what is/are our 30 pieces of silver?  What are the petty things that we hold on to or desire that impede us in our path to follow Christ and return to Him?

* "Christ...the greatest Being to be born on this earth-the perfect example.  He is the Lord of lords, King of kings, the Creator, the Saviour, the God of the whole earth, the Captain of our Salvation, the Bright and Morning Star.  He is in all things, above all things,through all things, and round about all things; he is Alpha and Omega, the first and the last; his name is above every name, and is the only name under heaven by which we can be saved."   Bible Dictionary

No comments: