Saturday, December 13, 2008

"If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?"

So yesterday I succeeded in failing  at several things.  Most of which are not important but failure none the less.  Now i could chose to be disappointed or upset or I could choose to not let it bother me and learn the lesson I am supposed to learn.  I choose to not let it bother me but I am not sure I am learning my lesson.  Go figure, I am pretty stubborn. I mean for one example I've been failing for 1151 days and still wont secede (I had to do the math, I wasn't really keeping track). I guess failure is also how you look at  things.  Maybe this failure has really been a success? I mean I wouldn't have it any other way..well maybe I would but I do not regret any of it. Who knows.  As for now, I guess I will keep on going :)

2 comments:

Melinda said...

"There is much to be said of failure it is much more interesting than success." "Everyone fears failure but breakthroughs depend on it."
Failing is to be strived for! If you aren't failing, you aren't at the edge of the envelope of your abilities, and if you aren't at the edge, you aren't stretching yourself, so you aren't learning, so you're just wasting time. Failing is how nature succeeds. Evolution works through failure of the poorest (they get et) more than survival of the fittest. Muscles grow because you work them to failure, and they then respond by getting stronger. Your spinal cord learns not to touch fire by getting burnt. Failure is not just handled gracefully by nature, it is critical.

Kevin said...

well I am getting pretty good at failing. :)