Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"Yesterday I got so old.."
















So anyway, these last couple of weeks have been very busy and needless to say I just do not have the energy that I used to.  That is not to say that I did not expend all the energy that I possibly could.  I was planning on going straight to Arizona two weekends ago and last minutes decided to take a detour to California (wise choice).  As I was headed down, I enjoyed the sunset over the Utah valley and I thought to myself, my attitude is a choice and I chose to enjoy the moment.  I write that down so I do not forget that later when I can choose to enjoy other things..sometimes I forget that I can choose :)  Anyway when I was in California I was able  to enjoy a few of my favorite things ie My family, cucas, in-in-out, the park, dancing and the beach.  
I later left with my brother Brent to Arizona where I was able to see my good friend David and his wife and his new kid.  I also volunteered at the Ironman Arizona race.  It was pretty awesome to see.  I was a catcher at the finish line and I literally caught many many people.  So awesome in fact that I am signed up for next year's event! Yipee.  So the drive home was not so fun (I guess I chose that as well) but at the same time it was fun to hang out with Brent for several hours as we ate peanuts and drank water and drove through small towns for 12 hours.
This last week was pretty fun as my family was all here for thanks giving.  I even got to seerian's girl friends several times..every time I saw Brian actually.  They would not let go of each other, not even to eat.  WEIRD.  But hey, I am happy for them all the same.  I took my brothers climbing.  They are really good.  Why did they get all the natural talent??  I guess i was the practice son and they perfected them after me.  That's my guess.  So yeah, for thanksgiving our family ran the Orem Earn your Turkey race.  We all finished and did really well.  Again my brothers ran circles around me but that is to be expected, they were both on the varsity cross country team this year.  
Anyway, that is the short of it all.  My life is pretty alright I must admit though I am practically falling asleep as I write this. So I'll try to attach some pictures and be on my merry way.  

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Practice child, thanks for volunteering to train your parents, still not sure we've got it right. Love the picture of the back of you and dad. Feel old now, turn around and you'll be as old as mom and dad.

Amber said...

I always love your pictures. They just show you so much! ;)