Monday, June 28, 2010

Rock Cliff race report






I'll just write a quick few thoughts.

Jordanelle is a sweet place for a triathlon. I'm glad it was a little later too, mainly because I hadn't slept much the last couple days and it allowed for it to be a bit warmer for the swim.

The water was not as cold as people said it would be so that was nice although people can't swim straight! While that is no mind blowing discovery, when there aren't 2700 people in the water, there is sometimes room enough that you don't need to get swam over by the same stupid people and yet you do :) Plus I got hit in the face with a log. So that was the swim.

I had to get off my bike twice to fix things and it wouldn't shift right the whole way. Also a traffic control guy step right in front of me and sent me into the loose gravel. Kinda scary but I didn't crash. I averaged just over 18 regardless. That was the bike.

I stopped and talked to my dad for ten minutes about 1/4 mile into the run. That was the run. It was kinda warm by then.

So the outcome wasn't great, I think I finished 5th in my age group or something. Glad it was only an olympic distance because I just wasn't feeling it. I liken my experience to a Cat 5/pubic bike race. Moral of the story, pay the extra $500 bucks and get a wet suit stripper ;)

2 comments:

Nicci said...

look at my buff Kevin - way to go!

Wareing Cannon said...

Jealous.